Rethinking Education

I don’t agree with this guy 100%, but he does raise some interesting questions. Does our educational system need revamping? Even if a child “succeeds” through high school and college and graduates with a 4.0, how much of that information will they remember? Have they learned more than how to regurgitate facts? “Forgetting is almost […]

I Don’t Want to be in This Place Anymore…Or Do I?

The two words God keeps putting before me are “surrender” and “process”. Of course, I feel uncomfortable with both. I am a take-charge, make-it-happen kind of girl and those words require patience, humility, and the forbearance to accept yourself when you don’t get it all right–or even part right. My husband and I are currently […]

Changing Your Life with Two Words

Last Sunday, Joe White spoke at our church. The central theme of his talk could be extracted down to two words: I’m third. His stories demonstrated the impact of infusing this mentality into everything a person does. All week, I contemplated the power of living a life as “I’m third” and how that would realign […]

3 Words that Will Help You Say ‘No’

I’m a guilt-prone, overly-responsible, passionate and protective firstborn. Within my strengths creep my weaknesses. For example, my fervor and determination can often be interpreted as anger or antagonism. My prophetic tendencies to speak truth often get me blasted by those who don’t appreciate accountability or questions. Although I don’t enjoy confrontation like some, I won’t […]